Dedicating Our Careers to Protecting Yours.
Professional and Occupational Licensing and Discipline Defense
North Carolina Attorneys Handling Professional and Occupational License Matters
Professional License Regulation · Occupational Licensing Issues
When your professional or occupational license is in danger of suspension or revocation, you need a lawyer who can put years of experience defending professionals to work for you. Robert Crawford has nearly 30 years of legal experience. He has successfully represented clients before more than 30 state licensing agencies or boards to obtain or keep their professional license. Robert Crawford will advise and represent you in responding to an initial notice of a complaint from your licensing board, will prepare you for and appear with you at informal conferences or interviews, and attempt to negotiate a mutally agreeable resolution. If a formal hearing is required before the Board or administrative law judge, Mr. Crawford will be there for you. We understand that your career and your future are at stake at these hearings. Our firm defends you as if ours were as well.
Experienced Occupational Licensing Defense Attorney – Robert Crawford
Robert Crawford is former counsel to the North Carolina Board of Law Examiners. He understands how licensing boards think. He will vigorously protect your right to practice your profession:
- Healthcare professionals: Doctors, physician assistants, dentists, optometrists, nurses, nurse aides, pharmacists, therapists (respiratory care, occupational therapy, physical therapy, massage, speech and language) and other healthcare providers have relied on our competent representation to keep them practicing their profession.
- Counseling professionals: psychologists, licensed professional counselors, social workers, substance abuse professionals can count on us for representation.
- Law board applicants: Out-of-state lawyers and law students applying for the North Carolina bar examination should contact us for representation in character and fitness hearings before the North Carolina Board of Law Examiners.
- Attorneys: Call on us before responding to a grievance or complaint from the State Bar or before going to the Disciplinary Hearing Commission.
- Certified Public Accountants: We have represented clients before the State Board of Certified Public Accountant Examiners and have successfully resolved those matters for them.
- Veterinarians: We can help you respond to complaints from the Veterinary Medical Board.
- Construction industry professionals: Architects, engineers and land surveyors, general contractors, and other licensed professionals may rely upon our significant record of success to defend their careers before their relevant state licensing board.
- Department of Insurance licensees: We have successfully represented and defended persons to obtain or keep their license issued by the North Carolina Department of Insurance, including insurance agents, bail bondsmen, and manufactured housing dealers.
- Law enforcement officers: Our firm defends North Carolina police officers, deputy sheriffs, company police, and other law enforcement professionals against actions to revoke their certification by the Criminal Justice Training and Education Standards Commission and the Sheriffs’ Education and Training Standards Commission.
- Real estate and property appraisal professionals: We represent real estate agents and appraisal professionals before their respective boards.
- Funeral directors: We have successfully represented persons licensed by the North Carolina Board of Funeral Service – funeral directors, funeral establishments, preneed establishments, and preneed sales licensees.
- Child Day Care: Call us for help in dealing with the DHHS Division of Child Development.
Protect Your Professional License – Contact Crawford & Crawford Today
If your professional or occupational license is in jeopardy, contact lawyer Robert Crawford to schedule a consultation.
Contact Crawford & Crawford, LLP, Attorneys at Law, at 919-436-3356 to schedule a consultation.